Thursday, April 30, 2009

Our body is a living temple - Time for RESTORATION

A couple of years ago, I literally broke down and had a nervous breakdown from overwork, stress, loss and family tragedies which lead to depression. I am a pretty energetic and happy person, so to see myself hit rock bottom like that to a place of darkness and wanting to die, it scared my family & friends, including myself.
I am in my mid thirties and really have learned and desire to take care of myself physically, mentally and most importantly emotionally. I am still growing and cutting things out that aren't good for me. Drama, stress, bad eating habits (yikes), drinking (yikes) I like me a drank time to time:0), unhealthy relationships and so on. I ultimately want to feel good and be healthy and to be full of energy so I can continue to fulfill my dreams. I am just getting started at 34 young.
I'm not a religious person but a very spiritual person I guess I can say. I was raised as an unpracticing Catholic but in my twenties when my Father passed away I hit another dark time. I was invited to church one Sunday and accepted Christ, filled with the Holy Spirit and for the first time in my life I felt PEACE. I have NEVER felt this feeling before. In fact, most of my whole childhood I can always remember a feeling of fear and violence always surrounding me. My moms boyfriend was an abusive alcoholic to her and to me. The only fun and safe times would be when I got dropped off at my Grandma and Grandpas and would hang with my uncles and aunties. So growing up dealing with a lot of abandonment and fears followed me as an adult. Having a real relationship with God has helped me grow out of my insecurities into wholeness. I'm not perfect and never will be but I definitely strive to live a joyful life that God wants me to enjoy here on earth.
I don't go to church anymore. Christian folks not going to like that but o'well. This is where I am at and the most fulfilled. I realize I am the church. Everywhere I go I am having church. God is LOVE. It's amazing to me how many hundreds of people go to church and show no LOVE,except Judgement and jealousy. They talk alot but their actions don't follow. LOVE is an action verb. And, I'm not saying all. There are some great friends of mine who are amazing and we all are on this journey together.
Prayer is a HUGE part of my life, daily. I love to sit in a quiet place, especially this Temple in the Hollywood Hills and just sit in solitude. If I don't my spirit gets so weak I can feel it. The world is already such a noisy place. It's crazy to me how sitting in a place of silence we can be restored and built up and feel more clear.
But anyways, I don't want to keep ramblin on & I don't want to come off preachy, thats not my hearts intent. I just wanted to share with you some thoughts and helpful tips because it helps me daily. This is a woman who has helped me for over 15years listening to her messages. Her name is Joyce Meyers. It may not be for some but if there is anybody that listens to her and gets something from her messages, then wonderful:)Sress is a killer. Take time out for you. LOVE YOU!!
Blessings
Peace TIANA

http://www.joycemeyer.org/ourministries/broadcast/?myVar=0

I love finding peace listening to music like this or being in environments like this. There is nothing more beautiful than enjoying God's creations. LOVE
We ALL need this, I don't care if you Suge Knight.

I took these pics at one of my favorite temples in Malibu off the PCH. The Self Realization temple. A place to pray and find rest. Breathtaking. You should go sometime:)



No comments:

Post a Comment