Saturday, April 18, 2009

I still love H.I.M

I just want to see you...
Put down the facade
Take off your chain
Quit trying to be hard
It's me... With me, you can put down your guard
Quit trying to be something your not
I understand this industry
You got to stay on top
The bling, the rings, the next hottest thing
But I love you for you and not for what you got
I don't understand why the ones who got your back are the ones long forgot
Now you big shot and now we small talk
Remember the long walks down our block and I was your girl?
Holding hands and dreaming of how we gonna rock this world?
Now you on top
And now I'm wearing that rock
But on bottom
Long forgotten
And all along I just wanted your heart
You say the game has changed
The money really got in the way
When we were poor & in love you'd seranade and say, 'My Cherie Amore'
Now you rich and just call me your bitch
Well, I stayed the same
My name never changed
You divorced me and I'm still wearing your ring
While you took off yours and traded it in for an iced out chain
Love you making a fool out of me and I'm still waiting in vain
You the only one who changed
You know where to find me, still I wait
So step off the stage, lock up the Range
Come home where you belong
and I'll make you a plate.
I miss you.
Let's change.
The babies need us.
Let's bring this back
to love.

To Hip hop, to the Industry, to Music.
To him.

No comments:

Post a Comment