Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Importance of a man - The Importance of a Father

I just turned 34 a couple months ago. As a grown woman, I still desire the love, protection and guidance of a fatherly or even a healthy male figure. I can truly say that men are so vital to our existence and our esteem. I didn't know my father but I do know he did the best he could. Unfortunately, my mom and dad split when I was just a baby. I was 20 when he passed. After the funeral his wife handed over to me Christmas & birthday cards and his poetry that he wrote just for me. A feeling of joy came over me when I read his letters that I never received because I knew that after all that time we were apart, he did think of me. It was also the first time I found out that he was a writer and a poet. I realized the gift to express through word came from him. For years I struggled with my identity and self esteem because I never really knew who I was. I didn't have a father speaking life to me, letting me know I was a princess or encouraging me to follow my dreams. Thats why it was always hard for me to ever receive compliments because I thought people were lying or there was a catch. Over the years I have grown to receive and just simply say, "Thank you". It saddens me when I see others go through the same thing because they never had their fathers words to lift them up. My passion in life is to remind others to love and to remind men how much we need them. I know I will never get to experience my fathers love here on earth so my desire is to atleast remind men in the little way I can, to love their sons and daughters and be in their lives. You hold the key to helping them reach their destiny. I am so grateful to have found out after his passing that he did think of me and loved me so much through his poetry. So, in gratitude, I am today who my father was, and he was a writer and poet. We are an extension of our father whether we knew him or not. I thank him for passing on this gift to me. So to all the guys who read this, my brothers. You are so important and so vital to our existense. Peace LOVE Tiana

Little Girl

She was brought into this world as a result of sin
But there's no question
She was predestined
A blessing in disguise
It's true that God can use the foolish things to confound the wise
She came as a surprise but not in God's time
Her purpose was to shine and bring light to her father's eyes
A young boy who didn't understand what it meant to be a man
or a dad to say the least
Seventeen with no dreams
But she showed him the true meaning of life
He was happy but overwhelmed
He couldn't handle the responsibility
So mommy used baby as a threat till he would get it right
But that day never came
So one day mommy packed her things and drove away from her pain
While baby played in the backseat
Unaware that it would be this day that she would leave what she would need most
Years pass and now baby's all grown up
Still a little girl but a little girl in a womanly body
Her mind doesn't match her physique
Femininity incomplete and not sure of her worth because
A healthy girl is developed by her father's words
Her confidence is built by compliments by men who see her as an object
Her whole life she has been in search for a love that will never leave
Trying to find it wrong things
Like drugs, drinking, and one night flings
But in the end she is still empty
Frustrated because she is brought back to the same feeling
Only God knows the loneliness that she feels
For years she's carried a spirit of rejection
All because of no fatherly affection
Her one true desire in life is just to feel protected by masculine arms
that will never leave
She truly believes that she's not worthy to be loved
So she developed a mentality of thinking that giving and performing is
the key to make him stay
Sacrificing her own happiness until he is satisfied
Struggling with compromise
Doing things that she knows is not right
And since all the men in her life have been unstable
She's unable to trust
So with her they give up
And yet again she's left crushed
Afraid to love or feel again
Another brick of rejection has been added to the wall that surrounds her heart
In most cases woman who end up like this
Carry unforgiveness and bitterness
Or it can go the other way
Where we see women acting foolishly
Revealing skin to gain attention
Cause once again
Daddy never told them that it comes from within
We tend to give dirty looks to these girls
But these are the same little girls in womanly bodies
Who only want to be held by masculine arms that will never leave
I guess we all have to learn from our own mistakes in life
Sometimes we learn after we brought another life into this world
History repeats itself all over again
And in the end
Another baby is created without the very thing we were searching for
From the beginning
And that's the love from a father
But our life does become complete
When we realize that the love we were searching for
Was right there all along
Honestly it's the only love that will never leave
Nor let us down
Because people will
Even our own blood
But God is a father to the fatherless
His love will never leave

R.I.P pops. My popsMy dad was a cholo, lol.

My father was a Pisces.Happy Birthday dad. I hope I make you proud. RIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment