Monday, April 20, 2009

Year of The Under Dog

We ALL love the Under Dog. There's something about witnessing that come back moment when we see people rise up and shine in their gift in the midst of adversity, haters, physical handicaps, lifes trials and tribulations that would make any human being want to give up. Once again, the Under Dog reminds me that our dreams are not for ourselves. We can't give up because there is somebody else waiting on the other side of our dream. Be a dreamer and a doer. Every step we take towards making our dreams come true, hope and inspiration follows. I think we instantly find favor, happiness and respect in the underdog when we see that human spirit kick in and keep persevering when it seems like the world is against them. I think because it encourages the underdog that lies within us all. I personally have been through much and experienced much loss but I refuse to give up on my deams. Through the loss and pain of life's unescapeable trials which are promised to us all, I still try and find the humor, beauty and wisdom from each experience. Prayer, support from my real friends and fam, belief in myself and most importantly my relationship with God helps me through. He continuously gives me strength and courage to keep going. I am excited to see this new wave of emcees, artists, comedians, photographers, film makers, musicians, producers, poets, actors and writers starting to bust out in this industry right now. It's time for the newness and for the world to be renewed and inspired again with fresh new talent. Just want to send some encouragement to all thats still going after it even if its been 10 years +. Don't give up. Keep at it. It's a new time and we all have been waiting for such a time as this. Let's make history to better our world and mankind. BTW - just wanted to share a few of my fav come back moments. One of my absolute favs is not on YouTube. You know how Prince is with his stuff. But if you are a Prince Fan, you know the scene in Purple Rain when he just sang Purple Rain and he storms off stage to go back to his dressing room? He then hears the crowd going wild in response to his heartfelt performance. Grabbed his Tamborines and headed back to the stage to give the performance of his lifetime. I would Die 4 U and Baby I'm a Star. The best ever. Alright peace out yall. LOVE Tiana



The Antwone Fisher story is the movie that inspired me to continue believing I can share my story through film. Very similiar. I will admit, I definitely shed some snot on this flick. I was crying like someone's baby died. I swear the whole theater was crying. Even grown men were sitting at the edge of their seat all emotional. This is one of my favorite movies ever. To me this is an example of courage and going back to face your demons that once kept you in fear and tried to destroy your spirit. Derek Luke definitely gave an amazing performance.

I love this clip from Britains Got Talent. The embed is disabled so copy/paste. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2vlXy74lsQ




U know I had to end this with a poem:)
This poem is dedicated to all the struggling artists. Keep believing in your dreams even when nobody else does. The ones who ever felt like Noah when he was trying to build the ark. The dream stealers didn't believe him, thought he was crazy and stupid. But guess what happened to the haters when the storm hit? Exactly...To all the dreamers this ones for you.

Growing up, it was just me & cousin Trav
We never had a dad to tell us, 'Yes we can'
or that 'We can be anything we want to be'
Just two latch key kids that lacked self esteem
Couldn't rely on he, so I had to rely on I
So don't think I'm crazy when I talk to the sky
My whole life I had to fight
Trying to turn my dark past into a future that is bright
& just like you I want to do what's right
But anytime you want to better your life you get resistance
For instance, not very long ago I had to pray myself back into existence
Broke down from all the stress and tension
In 07, I hit a great depression but in this time my soul learned the greatest lessons
Never took the time to grieve over things that were stole
So in a sense I became a modern day Job
Lost my job, lost my home, lost my car, lost my hope
But when Uncle Bob passed that's when I couldn't cope
But no matter how hard I tried to hide & end things
God's love would always come and find me
Sent me human angels to keep me smiling
So to all the people who have a problem with me rising
You haters can take it up with my Creator
Because I was created for greatness
So this next message goes out to the all the dream stealers
Let me get my hit list time to check off all the hatin b******
That smiled to my face, hugged my neck, but when I walked away they'd talk their sh**
Warning other people to be careful, to watch out & look out for me
But if you took the time to get to know me
See what I'm about & read my poetry
You would clearly see that my message is about spreading the love
& encouraging others that they can make their dreams come true
So when you spoke against me you really were speaking against you
Really, we should be on the look out for you
But enough about you
Going on to number 2
Never thought you could be home alone
and run up a thousand dollar phone bill and never pick up the phone
Who were you calling? Cause it sure wasn't me
Imagine the agony to not hear from you husband & it's going on month 3
Yeah nobody's perfect, I was still working on me
Acted real immature said things I didn't mean
But one things for sure, I loved you
And all those things were no reason to leave your Queen
Who needed enduring love & consistency from her King
While I put mine aside I supported your dreams
But you forgot that we were on the same team
Love never has to compete it completes
I was down for you & yours
Sold the Symphony merch when you went on tour
& yes it wasn't right to call your sister Jenny a b****
Which she made my hit list 3
But what do expect?
How would you feel if you shared your heart & they turned right back around
to kill your dream? Told me to be more realistic
Said I was good with my hands
Massage therapists are high in demand
Well she did speak some head knowledge
Let me share with you what I learned in hand college
If you take the middle finger with the palms facing up
It means Ya Basta! Spanish for Enough is Enough
But then if you flip your hand over you get a whole new meaning
So to all the artists who work the hardest keep on dreaming
Turn up the middle finger to all the dream stealers
Don't Stop, stay strong and keep believing!

No comments:

Post a Comment