Monday, April 27, 2009

Wayans Bros.

I just wanted to take the time to give special thanks to one of my favorite families besides mine and that is to the Wayans Bros. This family is truly funny and talented down to Mrs. Wayans, she is one of my heroes. They even showed me love and encouraged me when I was going through my divorce & when I lost two family members while being an employee there. So, I just wanted to give and show love back to a family that gave me my first opportunity working in the entertainment industry and literally taught me how to beast and become a working professional. Three years working for the family was hard, stressful, crazy fun and never a dull moment. I laughed every day but then also cried, lol. I grew my grey hairs here. I even grew a grey hair out of my forehead, that's how grueling it got sometimes but I wouldn't trade this experience for anything. I got my first break in this biz working as a personal assistant to Marlon Wayans. He is still a dear friend to me/brother/mentor. So Marlon, I just wanted to shout you out and let the world know how much you have influenced my life and literally taught me how to beast. This fool right here is a machine. He always had fun but would stay focused and tried to be that example to all. Always telling me my name is on everything I put out there, so be excellent at everything I put out. If you guys only knew how many times I heard the Shoe Store story, I think like 647 times. I think it was Foot Locker but he would spend hours stocking shoes and did the work that nobody wanted to do. He pulled some Mr. Myagee ish and it actually worked. Even though he continues to elevate in this business he still remains humble, generous and shows sincerity when connecting with people. This is what I admire most about Marlon. So Marlon, I hope I make you proud. I'm slowly stepping away from being an assistant & putting my energy directing and developing the artist that I am. I am grateful to have worked with one of the most influential families ever. LOVE YOU! BTW, Dance Flick drops May 22. Keep supporting classic Wayans Flicks, don't forget to smoke before you go and also GI JOE coming this summer in August. This is big time right here.
Copy Paste: Embed Disabled: Go JOE!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IG1UnOwJht8
Rip Cord - G.I. JOE - August 2009
Chillin with my Marlon and O @ Jackie Robinsons Tribute @ Dodger Stadium
Shouts to Keenen. Thank you for letting me hang with you while you directed Little Man and BTW sorry I burnt your food a couple times:) LOVE YOU KEENEN! LOL!


My other family
Dance Flick: Congrats to Damien Wayans making this your directorial debut. Shouts to 2cnd generation. They are doing big things stay tuned.

Wayans Bros Felony crew...Friday Director Marcus RaBOYYYYY!

No comments:

Post a Comment