Sunday, June 14, 2009

Thank You

I just want to thank Frank Nitt for giving me the opportunity to direct his video to his song, LOVE. It really all started as a contest, (Where's my watch!?) lol, then I ended up just doing the actual video thanks to Mike Ross. So this blog is a HUGE thank you to Frank, Mike Ross and EVERY single person that helped and participated in making this video.
Special thanks to Ernest, Imani and Victor (3 Shape Media) in the countless hours working on this. Can you say 21 hours no sleep? Hard work but feels so good doing what you love. LOVE YOU GUYS! And to Jenny Villaruz, the cute Filipino girl, and my friend playing the lead girl, your expressions and spirit is so fresh. Michael, thanks for sacrificing your time and your amazing acting skills. You two captured the essence of what I was trying to portray in a relationship. It really looked like you guys been together forever. My friends dressing up in different fits to look like different people cause we had no $ to cast people. HA! Kashmere, the owner of 711 who let us shoot at his store. John, the owner of "The Don", the fresh caddy in the vid. Our meeting was so divine. Just so happened to meet him at 711, how funny is that? and to everyone who blessed their presence in this vid.
I'm really excited, it's finally coming out soon. It feels real good to complete something. I feel really proud of this accomplishment. Even if people hate on it, which we will ALWAYS have critics, I feel good that this will be my very first video I directed. No matter what people may say. I know my family is really proud of me too and thats what matters most. And also thank you to Marlon Wayans, my mentor and friend. Always engraining in my brain to put out my best work, because my name is on it.

I hope to inspire other females working the behind scenes in film. There are so many dope lady directors/producers/writers etc. I can't wait to see the ladies do their thing. We don't have to JUST be in the videos we can make the videos, movies and commercials, etc. etc. We can make history:)
Peace LOVETiana

7-11 Deep...shooting with no permits and free. Hardcore.




This dude is for real. lol. He actually hangs out at the 711 off Pico and La Brea. I forgot his name but he's actually a really friendly guy. He definitely was amusing. I am so glad I got to meet him.


Frank Nitt "LOVE" featuring DJ Quik and Jay Black. Produced by Terrace Martin. Out on ITunes. I love this song. I am so excited for Franks new album coming soon. Follow him on Twitter Franknitt

No comments:

Post a Comment