Monday, June 1, 2009

Happy Father's MONTH

I know it's a little to early to wish many a Happy Father's day, Sunday (June 21st). I actually wanted to acknowledge some new Daddy's. Congratulations to Hex and Robyn Elaine. They just gave birth to a little princess, "Rex", literally as I am typing this. I want to Congratulate Shoes and miss Leo, bringing in James Buchanan. just recently. My friend Micah just had a baby girl. So shout outs to all the fathers that do their very best for the kids, much respect. Here is just a FEW men that I really respect when I hear them talking about their sons or daughters that I may have read some where or seen a picture with their kids, ChinoXL, Pigeon John, Terrace Martin, Karriem Riggins, Scrap Dirty, Dilla, Dave NY, Kevin Hart, Eminem, Marlon Wayans, Omar Epps, Talib, Slopfunkdust, Fuzzy Fantabulous, Buster Rhymes, Common, Malik Yusef. I know there is more but these really touched my heart. So to all the daddies, Happy Father's MONTH.
You have no idea how I feel about the importance of a man and the importance of a father. Maybe you do if you ever read my poetry. I make a lot of references back to my dad, Guy Mandrigues. I never knew him and when I wanted to finally meet him at 21, I received a call that he had a heart attack at 38. It's so unfortunate that we just missed each other. So with his passing, I honestly feel my one soul purpose in life is to encourage men and remind men how much we need them. Your absence or presence effects us tremendously. I wonder how much my esteem would have been affected if I had my dad telling me when I was a baby till now that I am beautiful, a princess, that I can do ANYTHING I put my mind to. Would I be much younger than 34 years old starting to finally tap into making my dreams come true? Would I have dodged so many heart breaks because I would have been "wise" to spot a wolf that was trying to only get one thing? Would I still be married today because I would have been more confident and not so insecure and having trust issues? I can go back and forth and get upset and sad but I am just so thankful that I have a relationship with my heavenly Father.
It really makes my heart melt and makes me smile when I see a father holding his little girls hand. It really jacked me up a couple weeks ago seeing this little girl at La Cienega park trying to scoot herself back and forth in a swing. Seriously, choked me up cause I knew what that felt like. I do have one amazing memory though as little as I was, I think I might have been two years old, when my father lifted me high in the sky. So I hold close to that vision. I literally daydream what it would be like to just chill and hang with my pops. Go have dinner with him and just talk. I pray IF, lol, I ever get married again that my husband will be an incredible father to our babies.
There is a scripture that says, "He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers" - Malachi 4:4-6. I feel this is that time.
Love to all the men holding it down for their families, being a father and husband even if you never seen a good one modeled for yourself. Thank you. You are the root and foundation to making this world a better place because it ALL comes back to YOU. You were made in HIS image.
Peace God Bless LOVETiana

Daughters - John Mayer Youtube LOVE THIS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f38Ne96R3iE

1 comment: