Sunday, June 14, 2009

My gramps was so cool...RIP Gpa, miss u lots

I love jazz so much. I come from a family of musicians. My moms father was a jazz saxonphonist. My other grandpa used to be part of a Filipino jazz group and play the keys/drums in the Filmore District in San Francisco. I have many great memories listening to Blue Note Records with my gramps and going to jazz festivals growing up. It's because of him I have a love for jazz music. I have been blessed to be introduced to Bill Evans, Stan Getz, Miles Davis, Sonny Stitt and MANY other Jazz Greats because of my grandpa playing these records throughout the house when I was a little girl. I remember studying and being captivated by the cool Blue Note Vinyl covers. Here are some of my favorite songs that remind me of him. Enjoy...Peace LOVETiana
My Uncle Paul and my gramps playing the drums at a BBQ.
Uncle Paul and Gpa on the drums




I'm from the Bay Area and MISS so much the cool jazz spots in San Francisco. Living out here in Los Angeles there are very few venues that play great live jazz but I happened to be introduced to an incredible place called The Vibrato Jazz and Grill in Bel Aire. If you are looking for a place to hear some great music, good food and incredible ambiance, go to Vibrato.
Vibrato Jazz and Grill in Bel Aire
http://www.vibratogrilljazz.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment