Monday, May 25, 2009

This is my family...R.I.P Uncle Bob...We miss you so much

As I write this, I am sitting with my mom and my brother. This memorial weekend I was so fortunate to spend time with the people that mean the most to me, and that is my family. I was able to fly out to Colorado and see my brother graduate from high school. I got to sleep in the bed with my mom and fall asleep watching movies. I enjoyed my mothers cooking and waking up to the smell of coffee and a great breakfast. Family is so important. My family is my life.
I understand this grind. We are all trying to make something of ourselves and follow our dreams. But always remember who you are. Where we came from and most importantly remember our families that have helped support our dreams and made it possible for us to do what we do.
At the end of the day, the red carpets, paparrazi, photo shoots, our faces and names up on the big screen won't mean a thing after we leave this earth. This fame will fade so quickly just as it came but the thing that will remain stable and real is the love from our loved ones. Actually, it's the only REAL thing in our lives.
Make a lasting impact in this world. Don't become this fly by night success and then no longer heard about. Represent the real and the things that matter most in life. Stay true, ALWAYS.
It's not the groupies, the fake relationships within this entertainment industry that say they have your back. It's your praying wife, your kids and the guidance from your mother and father that helps us get through this game.
I apologize for the curse word but this is how strongly I feel. I have always said, "F*** Hollywood, it's all about my family". And I will stay true and consistent to the end.

May 26th, 2007 marks the date when one of my favorite family members passed unexepectedly. My Uncle Bob's death was probably the most PAINFUL news I have ever received. Worse then when I found out that my father passed away. I hurt then too,but it was different because I didn't know my dad.
My uncle Bob was the epitomy of LOVE. People loved him because he embraced all walks of life. He made them feel like he knew them. Like they were family. He greeted everyone with a hug and kiss even if it was the first time he met them. I aspire to be like him. So if I meet you and greet you with a hug and kiss on your cheek, don't feel weird. This is just my culture and all that I know.
He taught me how to be a professional instead of this little hood rat drinking 40's. At least I drank Old E but then could flip it corporate in the right setting, lol. Gave me my first real job. Taught me to take pride in myself. Taught me how to smile and shake people's hand and look them in the eye. My uncle Bob taught me how to sing Reasons by Earth Wind and Fire before I knew my ABC's. We would sing "Always and Forever" together by Heatwave every holiday. Our family would do the electric slide and sing together in the living room, drink and eat EVERY TIME we got together.
My uncle Bob was the coolest. He was the funniest and I miss him so much you have no idea.
I told him right before he passed that I was going to make my family famous and tell the world about our families story. He smiled and said, "Alright T, do your thing". Well I am beginning that promise to him now.
RIP Uncle Bob, I know your with me. Every time I hear Reasons and Always and Forever, I know you whispered this request into a DJ's ear just for me. I love you. See you Uncle.
Your niece, Tianska
Mu Uncle Bob. RIP May 26th. I miss you so much.




Rob's Birthday 2008 Dance


rob being goofy


Christmas 2004 at Robs

No comments:

Post a Comment