Wednesday, May 6, 2009

J Dilla Project/Jay Walkers- Finding a Cure for Lupus

I want to shout out another favorite family of mine and that is the Yancey family. I had the pleasure to meet them back in 07. Ma Dukes, Dewitt, Uncle Herm, Cousin Shon, Rita and Uncle Keith, R.I.P. Uncle Keith just passed a few weeks ago due to Lung Cancer. I am grateful I got to know him and spend some time with him and the family. Even though it was a short weekend, the love from the family was instant and we are still family till this day. It all began when I seen a myspace bulletin posted by House Shoes letting people know about a walk that was taking place in Detroit. At the time, I was working for the Wayans. I always wanted to do some type of positive documentary that show cased people in the community doing positive things. I thought the J Dilla Project represented that to the fullest and being a Dilla fan I just felt in my heart to be part. I had no loot, it was Mother's Day weekend and I needed three tickets to Detroit that day. The only rich guy I knew was Marlon, lol, and it was the same time when, "The Secret" came out, so my belief level was sky high.I said, Marlon you know how you said if I ever need anything to come to you? He said Yes. Then I hit him with the ?, Can you please buy me 3 tickets to Detroit? and I need to get them today. He looked at my crazy and was like for what??lol. I told him and he was like, "Who's Dilla?" So I had to educate. Him always being a fan of Common, Tribe, De La and so on and so forth and it was for a good cause he said, "Aight". So I got my tickets and the rest is history. So in reality, Marlon help bridge that gap. And to this day, many incredible divine friendships and blessings all stemmed from that day. To be part of the ALR (Alliance for Lupus Research) changed my life. It gave me the faith and knowing that we the people can REALLY change lives. I had the opportunity to help lead Los Angeles with Unc Herm, Shon and a handful of other teams walking for Dilla back in 07. I was even blessed with the opportunity to go to DC and represent all Dilla teams and go to Congress to help spread the word. This year, I believe the Los Angeles walk is going to be even bigger. Shout outs to Uncle Herm and Shon who even began this team and invested time, money, energy and love into starting the J Dilla Project. If there is anyone who would like to participate not only in the walk but if you have hook ups with T Shirt companies that would like to donate or ANY sponsorships, please hit me up and I can direct you to Uncle Herm. Please get involved this year. I promise you. You really do make a difference. Please sign up at www.lupusresearch.org to walk in a city near you or sign up for the Los Angeles team. Find team captain Shon Hayes. God bless everyone. We really are making a difference. ALR said we are extremely close to finding the cure. Can you imagine if the love from people coming together found a cure for this disease? Let's walk for Dilla, let's walk for LOVE. We can do it. LOVETiana



RIP Uncle Keith




Love Feat. Pharoahe Monch - J Dilla (AKA Jay Dee)


1 comment:

  1. Thanks to this great herbal doctor who cured me of LUPUS DISEASE his name is Dr. Iyabiye. I suffered LUPUS for over 12 years with pains like: Achy joints, Skin rash, Pain in the chest, swollen joints and many more. The anti-inflammatory drugs couldn’t help, until I read about his recommendation 4 months ago, I contacted him and he administered his medication on me and I was confirmed cured and free at the hospital after taken his medication. You too can be cured if interested. Contacts: iyabiyehealinghome@gmail.com
    (+2348072229413 / +2348158577300)

    ReplyDelete