Wednesday, May 13, 2009

EFFECTIVE Leadership

We are all leaders. Whatever level of capacity, we are all leading someone whether we know it or not. We all effect one another, positive or negative. I've been surrounded by negativity my whole life. I choose to finish the rest of my life here on earth as positive as I can and make it a purposed decision to LOVE people, however that maybe. I'm not perfect. I am all about LOVE but it's funny to me how the word B***! can fly out my mouth as soon as somebody cuts me off. LOL. I am sweet and kind but don't get it twisted, there is a hood demon that likes to jump out every now and then. This Love walk is not easy. Especially loving people that are rude, that spitefully use you and talk about you right in front of your face. I have encountered many people in my life. Good and bad. People are fickle. Emotions change at the drop of a dime. People come in and out of your life. I understand that their are seasons for everything. Your grade school friends may not be the ones who will continue to be by your side throughout your journey. I choose to keep good people around me at all stages in my life. Drama free is the way to be.
I've changed over the years and love to learn about becoming a positive and EFFECTIVE leader. Especially, in business. I have been working since I was a teenager. I have always been an artist but to pay the bills, service and hospitality has been a huge part of my working experience. I have experienced that demeaning feeling from someone over me. I've been talked down to, embarrasing me in front of people to make me look stupid. Experienced ridicule, gossip at the work place, and all the other bulls*** that bored ass employees with no dreams thrive after in the corporate place. To be honest, all that work place politics is BULLS***. I see people striving for titles treating others poorly just so they can feel important. Well guess what? LOL, you need to be kind to people no matter who they are because you NEVER know who they will turn out to be. People like that are respectors of persons anyways who only kiss your a** because of who they think that you know. It's the same wrong heart motive spirited people that treat their assistants or employees mean like their dumb a**es and then kiss the a** of people who are more recognized. Phony WEAK corny YES MEN. If they only knew the secret to respect and effectiveness is when you make people feel empowered not belittled. In "How to win friends and influence them", by Dale Carnegie there is an excerpt that says, "Let us PRAISE even the slightest improvement. That inspires the other person to keep improving". Even dogs are trained with praise and meat than a whip.
This life is about fulfilling our dreams and making a difference in the lives of people that we encounter day to day. It's all about the PEOPLE. We forget that we need one another and along the way we inspire others to be their very best. Why do some love to see people fail and not succeed? This world is already hard as it is, why do people want to keep people down and cover others light? I believe it's the insecurities within themselves and don't know how to be happy for anybody because they are unhappy with themselves.
One day, I will have my own business and I will MAKE IT a decision to be good to ALL people who work hard WITH me. Be good to the people who are helping you, at ALL times.
Here are some books that really have helped me to grow and become an EFFECTIVE leader. Some of my FAVORITE authors who have helped me grow over the years is John C. Maxwell (21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership), Napolean Hill (Think and Grow Rich) and Dale Carnegie (How to win friends and influence them).


This acting gets a Pause and a negative 4 stars for the acting but I love this guys message.



If you lead people to FREEDOM they will follow you. WOW, Powerful!


You know I have to end it with a poem:) Peace LOVETiana

Wishing Upon a Starbucks

It's sad when I see
Wannabe actresses and models
Giving up their asses for a role
I'm no role model but I'm working my ass off
To get this dough
This industry is mean that's why I keep smiling
While I'm humbly climbing
Up this ladder of politics
Making my way through haters, publicists and top execs
That's why I say always respect the servants
Who they are today may not be who they are tomorrow
You'd never know that standing before you
is an undiscovered star
From the receptionist
Answering the phones
To the personal assistant
Who has the keys to your home
You never know
There maybe a day when positions could switch
And now were the ones who signs your pay checks
And you'll be living in regret
Cause you can never take back
That day when you laughed
When I had to go fetch bottles of water for the staff
Now guess who's going to have the last laugh?
Just remember these words
The last shall be first and the first shall be last
This is not a threat but facts so take heed
In fact my job is not an assistant
But a Gardner planting seeds
Until then I just trust in the divine
Cause I know in due time
A harvest will come back to me
So what you see
Is just history in the making
I'm not complaining but I'm just saying
I'm getting tired of running to Starbucks for the stars
One day, I'll be running my own Starbucks like Magic cause like him I got charm
But this dream can only be achieved from me working hard
That's why I remind myself to stay on this grind
And I'm not talking about coffee
but writing these rhymes
April 2007

THIS IS ME EXPRESSING MY FLAIR! one of my all time favs..Office Space

No comments:

Post a Comment