Saturday, October 24, 2009

Wishing Upon A Starbucks

Always be kind to everyone on your comeup. You maybe steps ahead but in time the Under Dog will catch up. It's all a matter of time.

Never Give Up on your Dreams. Ever.

It's sad when I see
Wannabe actresses and models
Giving up their asses for a role
I'm no role model but I'm working my ass off
To get this dough
This industry is mean that's why I keep smiling
While I'm humbly climbing
Up this ladder of politics
Making my way through haters, publicists and top execs
That's why I say always respect the servants
Who they are today may not be who they are tomorrow
You'd never know that standing before you
is an undiscovered star
From the receptionist
Answering the phones
To the personal assistant
Who has the keys to your home
You never know
There maybe a day when positions could switch
And now were the ones who signs your pay checks
And you'll be living in regret
Cause you can never take back
That day when you laughed
When I had to go fetch bottles of water for the staff
Now guess who's going to have the last laugh?
Just remember these words
The last shall be first and the first shall be last
This is not a threat but facts so take heed
In fact my job is not an assistant
But a Gardner planting seeds
Until then I just trust in the divine
Cause I know in due time
A harvest will come back to me
So what you see
Is just history in the making
I'm not complaining but I'm just saying
I'm getting tired of running to Starbucks for the stars
One day, I'll be running my own Starbucks like Magic cause like him I got charm
But this dream can only be achieved from me working hard
That's why I remind myself to stay on this grind
And I'm not talking about coffee
but writing these rhymes

wrote this 3 years ago:D I still believe in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment