Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Midsummer's Night Dream

This is dedicated to one fine gentleman
Is he fact or fiction?
Or just a figment of my imagination?
A mid summer nights dream that became a reality?
This distant lover caught a flight
landed on the beach & I arrived round midnight
You greeted me with a hug & a kiss on my cheek
It was just right & it was just like I prophesied
The moonlight reflected off your sparkling eyes
You made me so shy, you are so fine I had to look away
We walked along side the waves that crashed at our feet
You got me smiling like a school girl at every word that you speak
So handsome,sexy and intelligent
I could tell right away your a true gentleman
I love learning about you & your religion
I admire your integrity & your discipline you're really living it
I know this couldn't work were both from two different worlds
But attraction only knows truth & sees beyond any laws
This feels so natural, it just feels right
No drug could ever make you this high
I prayed to the most high in one of my darkest nights
I looked to the sky & prayed for a light
I opened up my eyes & now here you are
He answered my prayers and sent me a star
That's why I know your a gift from above and if He is love
Then how could this be wrong?
Even if we never become one
I am blessed because you inspired this song
You make me feel safe that's why it was ok with me to walk back to your place
What's gotten over me? Your making this independent woman want to act domestically
Cook you good food to make sure your eating healthy
But only because your sweeter then the coconut tea you shared with me
Asking me questions about my family tree showed that you really cared for me
Never felt this close to someone fully clothed & your still into me
This is true intimacy with respect
Getting sleepy but I'm not ready to leave yet
Let me close my eyes and fall asleep on your chest
I am awakened at the beautiful music that comes from our silence
Your heart beating in my ear and the sounds from the waves of the ocean crashing outside your window
I'm embracing this moment
taking you in slow tasting your pheromones as I breath in your soul
This is beginning to feel to good now I really got to go
4 am now I'm driving home
trying to stay awake listening to Love Love Love by Donny Hathaway
Sent you that text to let you know I got home safe
I fell asleep right away & when I woke up the first thing I thought about was you
Was this dream really true or just a case of de ja vu?
I want to fall back asleep so I can dream of part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment