Monday, November 9, 2009

Healing through Music

I found this cool interview with Sheila E on CNN. She talks about helping children who have experienced abuse, though music. I already loved Sheila E. being a huge Prince fan, but now I respect & admire her even more for using her talent to help others.
I was sexually abused when I was younger. I can talk freely about it now because my heart has gone through much healing. Because of this experience, it is my desire to want to help others who have experienced this same situation.
In my opinion, sexual abuse to a child is the worst thing that could ever be done on this planet. To have your innocence taken away and to never regain it back is such a tragic epidemic that takes place all over the world. Unfortunately, the child grows up into a fearful, rejected and shameful adult. Trust me, I know this topic oh so well. But I thank God everyday for bringing me into wholeness.
I know this topic is deep and personal but sexual abuse has happened to sooo many people, women and men. I'm all about reality and seeing people set free & happy.

Check this link out:)copy/paste http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/showbiz/2009/10/07/dcl.delaney.sheila.e.intv.cnn

Antwone Fisher is a personal hero for many reasons. I admire him for sharing his experience of abuse & abandonment. When I seen this movie at the theaters, I never seen so many people crying, even grown men. This movie definitely touched a lot of people. Thank you Mr. Fisher for being so transparent. You have helped so many people, including myself.

We all share the same story. Everybody has grown up in some sort of dysfunction. We can't change our past but we can choose to rise above it and make our future a bright one.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post girl. I love Sheila E. as well. Music has helped me through some rough times as a child and even now as an adult. Peace.

    ReplyDelete